Skip to main content
1401 21st Street STE R, Sacramento, CA 95811 | (415) 422-9889
by California Agent for Service of Process

California Foreign LLC Registration

Register Foreign LLC in California

If you own an LLC that’s registered outside of California and you want to do business in California, you will need to register your limited liability company as a California foreign LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the state returns a filed certificate of authority from the California Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

Need help registering a foreign corporation? Learn more about a foreign corporation doing business in California.

As your registered agent, we can register your out of state California LLC and serve as your California registered agent for $149 plus the state filing fee.

If you’d rather register your foreign LLC yourself, you can still sign up with us as your registered agent in California. All out of state LLCs doing business in California will need a registered agent. You can have this service for $49/year.

Once you sign up for our California registered agent service, you will be logged into your client account online where you’ll find the California foreign LLC form you submit to the Corporations Division of the California Secretary of State.

After taking a look at the resources and forms we provide in your online account, if you do not want to actually file the paperwork yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your account, and have us submit your filing for you for the state filing fees (currently waived!) plus $100. (Note that the $20 Statement of Information fee is still required.) We also will obtain the proper documents from your LLCs home state that we need to register you correctly with the California Secretary of State.

For non-foreign business formation, learn how to form an LLC in California or how to start a corporation in California.